Opening Bank Accounts
Account opening support
While opening a bank account anywhere requires a lot of paperwork, A-PASS can help streamline the process. We have helped many businesses navigate this vital milestone and assist with taking the hassle out of bank account administration.
What documents are required to open a corporate bank account?
- Account application forms
- Proof of identity such as a passport or valid Hong Kong identity card
- Proof of address
- Bank statements for the last 6 months
- Bank reference letters that are dated within the last 3 months
- Company documents
- A detailed business plan
- Proof of business such as invoices, contracts, and website.
Can a non-resident open a bank account in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong does allow non-residents to open a bank account in Hong Kong. It is important to note that certain nationalities may require more due diligence with a longer processing time.
How A-PASS can help you
- We can help identify and locate suitable bank options including online bank providers.
- Provide advice and support on writing a business plan for bank account opening.
- Work with the selected bank to provide company information, arrange certification of corporate documents and due diligence documents.
- Help organise and attend an account-opening meeting between the bank and the company.
- Review and follow up on any outstanding documents including the status of the application.